8/7/14

Discovery Community,

Summer is almost over, which means that there will be a lot of change.  I know that a lot of you are wondering about me as the new Principal of Discovery.  I hope to join the PTA facebook group soon and allow you to see some pictures of me and my family, but for now I can just give you some basic information on the website.  I am from Northern California, but have lived in Utah for most of the last 19 years.  I have been married for almost 13 years and have 4 children.  They range in ages from 4-11.  I have been a principal for the last 3 years, an assistant principal for two years before that, and taught for seven years.

For the last five years I have lived in Vernal, Utah.  My wife and I decided to move closer to family and are now living in Logan.  My wife has two sisters in Box Elder County.  I speak Spanish and Papiamento in addition to English.  Although I taught high school I absolutely love working in an elementary school.  The kids bring such great energy to the building and are so eager to learn.  I am anxious to meet all of you and hope to see you at some of the events we have coming up in the near future.

August 18th-19th New student registration
August 19th 4:00-6:00 Open House at the school.  Come meet the Principal and tour the school.
August 26th First day of school!
September 1st Labor Day No School

Next week you can anticipate receiving information from the school and PTA.
I have had a lot of calls from parents of incoming Kindergarten students about the kindergarten testing.  That information should arrive to you next week as well.

I hope you all have a safe and fun rest of the summer and I look forward to meeting all of you at the Open House.

Jeff Morris
Principal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parent Teacher Conferences

Kindergarten Registration